How do I start and finish my award on edofe?
Watch these videos on getting started. Scroll down for lots of information on how to finish your award on eDofE.
forgotten your password? watch this for advice
How do I complete my award on edofe?
Assuming you (the participant) have completed the full and correct timescale for each of the dofe sections and your assessor agrees, you should now login and complete all activity sections on eDofE to finish your Award. Here is some guidance on how to do this. Sorry this page is a bit long but I have tried to cover everything so hope it helps.
If still unsure at any stage of this process please email me, Mr Collins, or you are welcome to come to the dofe office open lunchtime everyday. Also, more details are available in your dofe Welcome Pack given to every participant at the start of DofE (the one with assessor cards).
Please read all of this page first. If you still get stuck then contact me or pop to the dofe office lunchtime for help. We can usually work things out if given time.
- YOU upload to edofe all your signed assessors reports and any *evidence for every section i.e. skill, volunteering, physical activity and expedition (plus residential section for Gold).
- Your edofe section and assessor reports must include accurate start and finish dates of your activity showing either 3,6 or 12 months of regular activity.
- Note: the expedition section on edofe sometimes causes trouble filling in so read below for more help.
- YOU click “submit for approval” on all completed sections.
- When all evidence has been approved (this can take a while) YOU will receive an email stating that you have successfully completed the award. Well done!
- You will then receive an invite to the RGS Award Presentation, usually in April.
- If there is a problem with your evidence YOU will receive an email query which you must respond to if you wish to get the award. Come to the dofe office promptly if this happens.
- DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING AS “DRAFT”… always submit for approval! We cannot process or approve anything which is left as DRAFT!
*evidence might include a log of attendance, certificates earned, photos of you doing the activity, diary logs, expedition presentation reports etc.
Please note: YOU have not got your award and will not receive an invite to the award presentation until you have completed everything on edofe as outlined on this page and received a confirmation email from dofe.
LOST your DofE welcome pack with record cards for assessors to sign? Download spares here and use these:
Golden rule: please do NOT pester your assessors to sign! Assessors are volunteers, often busy and they will need time to sign you off and write a comment. They are at liberty to turn you down if they think you have not finished for any reason. DofE will always back up an assessor who is not absolutely certain you have earned your award.
When do I need to finish by?
There is a deadline, usually in March, by which Bronze, Silver and Gold awards need to be finished in time to receive an invite to the RGS Annual Award Presentation evening which is usually early in the summer term each year. Invites are only issued to those who complete their award by the deadline.
Detailed instructions on how to finish your DofE
Please read carefully and contact me if unsure how to proceed:
- YOU upload (scan/photo) evidence of your completed activities to each eDofE section to prove it is finished. As a minimum, evidence must include a signed comment from your assessor. Evidence may also include diary logs of your participation, appropriate photos and scanned certificates etc. However, evidence absolutely must include a signed comment from your assessor that is scanned in by you or posted directly onto the following webpage by your assessor (they will need your edofe number to do this, available from your edofe page) http://www.dofe.org/assessor/.
- Training expedition: once you pass the training expedition, tick all boxes on Training Expedition and submit for approval to Leader (Mr Collins or Mrs Baker). We know you have completed your training so tick all the boxes yourself if not already done for you.
- Qualifying expedition: Once you pass the qualifying expedition section YOU need to write a short report “presentation”. You were told to do this at the end of the qualifying expedition. Here is a short template to help you do this: expedition-presentation-template-2016 (1). This is your “presentation” and this must uploaded to edofe in the “Presentation” section. Add simple details to every box as below.
- Note: “expedition notification number” only required for Gold. Email in for this info.
- To submit the expedition section, YOU need to add your expedition “Aims and Objectives” to the eDofE expedition section. Type these in the spaces. Your award cannot be finally approved without this information. We cannot do any of this for you so please complete it all and do not leave it as draft.
- Once each eDofE page is complete with all assessor comments and evidence, YOU MUST submit your eDofE page for approval! Please click and complete everything!! 🙂
- Finally, Awards are approved and verified centrally by edofe and so your eDofE pages must be correctly completed, or queries will be raised and YOU will learn through eDofE that your award cannot be approved. If the Award is not approved then we cannot send you an invite to the presentation and no award will be forthcoming until things are completed correctly by you. Please check your emails and eDofE during this process so that prompt action can be taken to help. Please contact us in the dofe office if unsure at any time. We will not necessarily know if you are behind in this process until it is too late.
- We are not usually able to accept last-minute award submissions much beyond the deadline because it takes a long time to have awards centrally processed and approved. Nevertheless, always ask and sometimes we can sometimes squeeze people into the award presentation given a perfectly completed edofe.
The DEADLINE for submitting completed eDofE pages for approval in order to receive an invite to the Award presentation evening is usually before the end of Spring term in March.
Students who miss this deadline but still complete their award, will receive their award the following year so long as they finish it properly as outlined above. Please also remember that students must finish Bronze to start Silver and finish Silver to start Gold at RGS.
Any snags at all please contact Mr Collins in the dofe office at school.
Official dofe edfoe Participant_user_guide