Groups doing expeditions in June, July and August must meet on the dates scheduled below. Venue should be D1 but might be geog room if still being used for exams.
These meetings will involve final instructions, emergency procedures, checking routes, issue of maps and route cards and your group will make final plans.
- eDofE status and completion of awards (both necessary to do expeditions)
- issuing final instructions
- demo appropriate kit (boots and waterproofs)
- issuing maps and routes
- issuing emergency cards, outlining emergency procedure
- organising kit check for following week
- checking routes and maps (Gold bring them in; Silver we have them)
Please be aware that safety must come first on these expeditions and good planning is essential. Attendance at these meetings is compulsory for groups to start these expeditions. Full registration on eDofE is also a requirement, as is finishing all previous awards. email sac if any snags.
Tuesday 18 June
Silver 4th year practice expeditions: canoe and hiking groups: 1.30pm D1
Gold L6 canoe and hiking groups: D1 4-5.30pm D1
Thursday 20 June
5th form dofe students: canoe and hiking groups: for those on July qualifying expeditions AND students considering applying for Gold dofe in RGS L6
New TIME new PLACE 11.00am – 11.35am RECITAL ROOM
Tuesday 25 June
4th year practice expeditions: 1.30pm D1 eDofE check
Gold L6 KIT CHECK – compulsory; eDofE final check D1 4.00-5.30pm